PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY! You ("Innovator”) and Novartis Healthcare Private Limited (“Novartis”) ("Challenge Sponsor”) are entering into this Challenge-Specific Agreement ("CSA”) for this particular incentive-based competition ("Challenge”) only. In order to participate in this Challenge, Innovator must accept these terms, and therefore should take the time to understand them.
By submitting an entry to this Challenge, this CSA will be a valid and binding agreement between Innovator and Challenge Sponsor. Innovator should print and keep a copy of this CSA. No provisions that Innovator may have agreed to that are specific to any other individual challenge will apply.
1. Submissions. By participating in this Challenge, Innovator may submit to Challenge Sponsor submission materials ("Submission”) for the Challenge to which this CSA relates. By submitting a Submission, Innovator thereby agrees to provide reasonable assistance and additional information concerning the Submission to Challenge Sponsor, if requested.
3. Eligibility. This Challenge is open only to individuals who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of the Submission. By submitting an entry to this Challenge, Innovator represents that s/he is acting on her/his own and is not representing her/his employer or any government entity during her/his participation in the Challenge. Innovator is responsible for complying with any employer or company policies related to participating in programs of this nature. Innovator also represents that her/his actions do not violate employer or company’s policies and procedures. If Innovator is a health care professional (“HCP”), she/he may be required to sign a separate agreement with Challenge Sponsor to ensure compliance with Challenge Sponsor’s policies regarding interactions with HCPs. Challenge Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility at any time. Individuals who are determined at any time to have violated the eligibility criteria will be disqualified from the Challenge. Challenge Sponsor has the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual for a violation of these Terms.
4. Participant Team: An individual is permitted to be part of more than one Participant Team and may enter as part of a Participant Team and as a sole Innovator if s/he desires. Each individual member of a Participant Team shall be deemed an Innovator and must be eligible to participate in the Challenge and comply with the Terms as set out in herein, or such Participant Team may be disqualified.
5. Entities. If an Innovator is an entity, the Innovator warrants that it is a duly created, formed or organized entity that is validly existing and in good standing under the laws of its state or country of incorporation/organization. The Innovator further warrants that the appropriate officers, executives, managers, or other persons who have the authority to approve Innovator’s Submission have approved the Submission and these Terms bind such entity. Furthermore, the Innovator understands that if the Innovator enters without obtaining appropriate internal approvals, Challenge Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify the Innovator’s Submission. Finally, if an entity is selected to receive a prize, an officer or person entitled to bind the entity will be required to validate that the Innovator is entitled to receive the prize on the behalf of the entity and the officer or person entitled to bind the entity must provide the appropriate information for payment of the prize. If Innovator is acting within the scope of the employment, as an employee, contractor, or agent of another party, by submitting the Submission, Innovator warrants that such party has full knowledge of Innovator’s actions and has consented thereto, including to these Terms and Innovator’s potential receipt of a prize.
6. Excluded Individuals. By submitting an entry to this Challenge, Innovator represents that s/he is not a person providing employment, consulting, temporary contract, or other similar services directly to Novartis. This includes employees, temporary contract workers, officers or directors of Novartis or other Novartis-owned entities. Innovator also represents that s/he is not employed by a foreign (ex-US) government or foreign (ex-US) publicly-funded entity, not a resident of a US-embargoed country (as of contest launch: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela), and not resident in a country where the contest is prohibited by law.
7. Acceptance of Submission and License to Use. Challenge Sponsor will notify Innovator if Submission has been selected for a prize ("Prize”), as outlined in the Challenge Guidelines, according to the schedule set forth in the Challenge Guidelines. Challenge Sponsor will judge all Submissions against the criteria set forth in the Challenge Guidelines and determine, in its sole discretion, which Submission best addresses the Challenge Guidelines. Challenge Sponsor has absolute and sole discretion to determine whether to accept the Innovator Submission, or any Submission, and whether to make a Prize, multiple Prizes or any Prize. The meeting of the Challenge Guidelines does not automatically mean that the Submission will be eligible for a Prize. Submissions must NOT contain or include ideas, concepts, solutions or technology in respect of which a third party owns or controls the intellectual property. Submissions and descriptions thereof may not include trademarks or trade names of corporations or entities without the permission of their owners. By entering, Innovator represents and warrants that:
a. Innovator’s entire Submission is an original work by Innovator and Innovator has not included third-party content (such as writing, text, graphics, artwork, logos, photographs, dialogue from plays, likeness of any third party, musical recordings, clips of videos, television programs or motion pictures) in or in connection with the Submission, unless
(i) otherwise requested by the Challenge Sponsor and/or disclosed by Innovator in the Submission, and
(ii) Innovator has either obtained the rights to use such third-party content or the content of the Submission is considered in the public domain without any limitations on use;
b. no person or entity other than Innovator has any right, title or interest in any part of the Submission;
c. unless otherwise disclosed in the Submission, the use thereof by Challenge Sponsor, or the exercise by Challenge Sponsor of any of the rights granted by Innovator under this Agreement, does not and will not infringe or violate any rights of any third party or entity, including, without limitation patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, defamation, privacy, publicity, false light, misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, confidentiality, or any contractual or other rights;
d. Innovator has all the rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit the Submission and to grant all of the rights that Innovator has granted to Challenge Sponsor hereunder, including the right for Challenge Sponsor to use and develop derivative works of and from the Submission;
e. all persons who were engaged by Innovator to work on the Submission or who appear in the Submission in any manner have:
1. given Innovator their express written consent to submit the Submission for unlimited, royalty-free use, exhibition and other exploitation in any manner and in any and all media, whether now existing or hereafter discovered, throughout the world, in perpetuity; 2. provided written permission to include their name, image or pictures in or with the Submission (or if a minor who is not Innovator’s child, Innovator must have the permission of their parent or legal guardian) and Innovator may be asked by Challenge Sponsor to provide permission in writing; 3. no claims for payment of any kind, including, without limitation, for royalties or residuals; 4. no approval or consultation rights or any rights of participation arising out of any use, exhibition or other exploitation of the Submission; and 5. not been and are not currently under any union or guild agreement that results in any ongoing obligations resulting from the use, exhibition or other exploitation of the Submission; 6. Innovator understands, recognizes and accepts that Challenge Sponsor has access to, may create or has created materials and ideas which may be similar or identical to the Submission in concept, theme, idea, format or other respects. Innovator acknowledges and agrees that Challenge Sponsor shall have the right to use such same or similar materials, and that Innovator will not be entitled to any compensation arising from Challenge Sponsor's use of such materials. In the event that Innovator’s entry is identical or similar to the Submission of another Competitor, Challenge Sponsor reserves the right, at the sole discretion of Challenge Sponsor, to either score one Submission higher than the other subject to the Challenge Guidelines or to randomly choose a Submission from all of those submitted which respond to the Challenge Guidelines.
8. By entering, Innovator agrees that: (i) all Submissions become Challenge Sponsor's property and will not be returned; and (ii) Challenge Sponsor and its licensees, successors and assignees have the right to use any and all Submissions, and the names, likenesses, voices and images of all persons appearing in the Submission, for future advertising, promotion and publicity in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity. Innovator also agrees that any Submissions made for Challange are for exclusive purpose of Challenge and cannot be used or referenced to participate in any other challenges or event by any third party. All intellectual property rights, if any, and all inventions, patents, patent applications, designs, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, software, source code, object code, processes, formulae, ideas, methods, know-how, techniques, devices, creative works, works of authorship, publications, and/or other intellectual property (“Intellectual Property”) developed by Innovator as part of the Submission will remain with Innovator, subject to the following condition: If Challenge Sponsor notifies Innovator that Submission is eligible for a Prize, Innovator will be considered qualified as a finalist (“Finalist”). Finalist must agree to grant to the Challenge Sponsor a royalty free, exclusive license in respect of all such intellectual property rights, if any, for the purposes of commercial exploitation of the idea or concept demonstrated by the Submission. Notwithstanding granting the Challenge Sponsor a perpetual, exclusive license for the submission, Finalist retains ownership of the Submission. Submission may not be acknowledged and will not be received or held "in confidence." The act of submitting a Submission does not create a confidential relationship or obligation of secrecy between Innovator and any of the entities involved in this Challenge.
9. Other Contracts, Confidentiality, and Indemnification. Innovator agrees that Innovator will not disclose to Challenge Sponsor any information which Innovator is under an existing contractual or other legal obligation to maintain in confidence or otherwise does not have the right to sell or license. Innovator agrees that Innovator will not discuss any confidential information of Innovator’s own, other parties, or Challenge Sponsor. Should Innovator’s participation in the Challenge be found to breach any legal obligations Innovator may have with other third parties or in the event of a breach of the confidentiality obligations in this Section 8, Innovator agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Challenge Sponsor, its and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, from and against all claims, actions or demands, liabilities, and settlements, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising in connection with such unauthorized and prohibited disclosure.
10. Changes and Cancellation. Challenge Sponsor has the right to make updates and/or make any changes to, or to modify the scope of the Challenge Guidelines, Challenge Schedule, and Winning Criteria at any time during the Challenge. Challenge Sponsor has the right to cancel the Challenge at any time, without warning or explanation, and to subsequently remove the Prize completely.
11. General Conditions. Challenge Sponsor has the right to verify each Innovator's eligibility and compliance with this CSA. Challenge Sponsor has the right to enforce the terms and conditions hereof directly against Innovator. Participation is conditioned on providing the data required in the online registration form. Innovators should direct any request to access, update, or correct information to Challenge Sponsor. Challenge Sponsor is not responsible for human error, theft, destruction, or damage to Submissions, or other factors beyond its reasonable control.
1. Innovators should not register with multiple e-mail and/or street addresses. In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the person who submitted the Submission. The authorized "account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address; 2. Innovator is responsible for any related costs to complete activities related to solving the challenge; 3. Innovator is responsible for obeying any local, national, and international laws in undertaking any activities related to solving the challenge; 4. Innovator is responsible for obtaining any insurance related to activities performed to solve the challenge; 5. Innovator is responsible for truthful representation of all activities undertaken to solve the challenge; Challenge Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify such activities; 6. Innovator is responsible for maintaining accurate records and truthfulness of metrics, or impact related to activities undertaken to solve the challenge; Challenge Sponsor is not responsible for calculating results, but reserves the right, at any time, to verify such information; 7. Innovator is responsible for completing registration and submitting Submissions by the dates outlined in the Challenge Guidelines; Challenge Sponsor is not required to accept late registrations or late Submissions; 8. Challenge Sponsor is not liable for any activities undertaken to solve the challenge; 9. Challenge Sponsor has the right to disqualify an individual from the challenge at any time
12. Representations and Warranties. Innovator represents and warrants that:
a. All information provided by Innovator regarding Innovator and, if applicable, its business ("Competitor Information") is true, accurate, current, and complete information and Innovator will maintain and update the Competitor Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. b. If Innovator is an individual representing a business or other entity, Innovator is authorized to enter into this Agreement on behalf of that business or entity. c. Unless otherwise disclosed in the Submission, Innovator is the owner of the Submission and the Submission does not infringe or violate any patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark or other third-party intellectual property right. d. Innovator has the right to grant the license in the Submission as required by Section 7 of this CSA.